Thursday, August 20, 2009

Julie and Julia by Julie Powell

Sometimes it is a case of thank God they made it into a movie so I can know about the book! No, I haven't seen the movie yet, but I will, I've got a girl's night planned soon :o)
I picked this up on my way to PEI for our family vacation. I needed something to read that wasn't a library book (I have this fear of losing books when I'm away ever since I accidentally left one on an airplane!). For me this was the perfect vacation read. It was light, it was true, it was very entertaining.
I'm a food blogger too (http://whatcha-eatin.blogspot.com) so I totally can relate to posting and having a following (though mine is much, much smaller and my blog is a lot less purposeful than hers). I did find Julie's blog when I got home and have enjoyed reading through a few of her posts, I do want to go back in time to see some of her originals.
I know I didn't give much of a book description here, but I think most people are aware of the story by now (Julie decides to cook through Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking Vol. 1 in a year). I do look forward to the movie, especially seeing the other side of it (the Julia Child side that I haven't read - I'm a huge Meryl Streep fan). Loved it and recommend this book!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Kristen,

There will be a discussion of Julie and Julia on my blog on August 30th. I would love it if you could stop by and join the discussion!