Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Warrior by Francine Rivers

The Warrior is the second in Francine Rivers' Sons of Encouragement series. This is the story of Caleb, one of 2 men (the other being Joshua) to live out the 40 years the Iraelites wandered in the desert after excaping from slavery in Egypt. His story begins in Exodus and ends in Joshua (in the Old Testament). He becomes second in command to Joshua when the Israelites enter the Promised Land.
I have to admit that I struggled a bit reading this one. I am not one to normally read battle scenes and there are a lot of them in this story. (It is probably why I've only read through this part of the Bible once). I do enjoy how Rivers brought Caleb's story out. It's why I'm enjoying the premise of the whole series, these are men who walked behind Bible leaders and heroes. I look forward to the next story, The Prince, which tells Jonathan's tale.

No comments: