Thursday, November 26, 2009

Rogue by Danielle Steel

It must be my time for catching up on books I was avoiding because here's another one. There was just something about this book that I didn't want to read. Probably because of the too handsome man on the cover. I just thought, "oh please", but here it is a few years later and I've picked it up and read it.
I actually ended up liking this book a lot more than I thought I would. Contrary to the title, the book is not just about a womanizing man (my assumption). The book actually parallels the lives of a man and a woman who were once married and now see each other only because they have children together. The man is the rogue. He made a lot of money early on in life in the dot com industry and promptly retired to live out the life of a playboy. The woman is a successful psychiatrist and expert in teen trauma and suicide. That was the most fascinating part of the book to me. If Danielle Steel wanted to write a more serious novel one day, I would recommend that she pick up this character and go further into the depth of her work. The parts where it was featured were quite well done.
As I said I enjoyed this more than I thought would happen, probably because I had such low expectations for it (I apologize for that).

No comments: