Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Prophet by Francine Rivers

This is the 4th in the Sons of Encouragement series and my favorite so far. This is a beautifully written telling of the story of the prophet Amos. Amos is a minor prophet in the Old Testament. I have read the book of Amos, but it has been years since I had done it and is not a book of the Bible that I have lots of knowledge about.
From the beginning I loved the way Rivers presented Amos to us. He's a beautiful, caring individual who longs to be with the Lord. I never lost my interest in this story and wished I had the time to just read it from cover to cover. I highly reccommend this one.

2 comments:

Anna M said...

Totally not related, apparently I need a new invite to your contemplations....please :)

Retaining Wall Contractor San Leandro said...

Nice post thanks for shaaring