Sunday, August 24, 2008

Soapsuds by Finola Hughes and Digby Diehl

I picked up Soapsuds for an in between books read. (I'd be waiting for a few I'd requested to come in at the library). I was in a hurry and the cover looked interesting. It was only after I was home that I wondered about why the name and face on the back looked familliar to me. Duh, Finola Hughes is an actress, a soap actess. Though I've never watched any of her soaps (I was a Days fan when I did watch), I knew I knew her from somewhere.
The plot of the book is (surprise surprise) a year in the life of an English/Irish woman who moves to Hollywood to star in a soap. Hmmmm...how much of this is fiction and how much is autobiographical? I kept waiting for some kind of a plot...but one never really materialised. I kinda got into the pattern of following the behind the scenes at a soap, but at the end, I thought what's the point? With no real storyline, the ending was weak. I look forward to starting my next book (which I picked up on Friday) with much higher expectations than Soapsuds.

No comments: