Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A first?

For the first time in recent memory I am quitting a book part-way through.  The book is Furious Love, the story of Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor.  I really thought I'd enjoy this one.  I usually love biographies.  Unfortunately, this one is just not well written and edited.  It's a jumble.  The authors contradict themselves often and repeat information frequently.  I would love to read this story if it was written well.  There is a good story here.  I much preferred Ginger Rogers biography that I read last year.  That was a highly readable tale of someone living in the Golden Era of Hollywood.  Maybe if one day, Elizabeth Taylor decides to tell her story as an autobiography it will be more readable.  For now, I'm putting this one back on the shelves.






No comments: