Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jennifer Lancaster

I can thank my old college roomie, Angela for this treat. (thanks Ang!). Jen Lancaster's writing is memoir style. It's her thoughts, her life and I'm glad she has invited us in. She's very funny and she wants to set the record straight about what city life is really like (the anit-Carrie Bradshaw version). Each chapter is a vignette of her life. This was her second book (I believe) written while her first book was waiting to come out and she was working a series of temp jobs avoiding unemployment. She also interspersed emails to her good friends and letters to various people/companies.
I can relate to her. She loves food the way I love food (although I love to cook, she loves to garden). She loves her sanctuary the way I love her sanctuary. She writes well, so you really get a sense of who she is and the people around her. An enjoyable read!

No comments: