Sunday, April 22, 2012

Just Beyond the Clouds by Karen Kingsbury

A Thousand Tomorrows was one of my favorite Kingsbury books.  I was quite excited to find out there was a sequel.  Just Beyond the Clouds focuses on Cody's return home and his relationship with his brother Carl Joseph, who has Down Syndrome.  Carl Joseph has been attending a a program that teaches him the skills he needs to lead a more independent lifestyle.  This comes as quite a shock to Cody who has a very old school mentality on just what it is that Carl Joseph can and can't do.  This was the most interesting part of the story for me. 
I do suggest you read these books in order.  Though you could read this one and understand who the characters are, I do believe that that the books are better read together and that A Thousand Tomorrows is the better of the two books.

No comments: