Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Secret Kept by Tatiana de Rosnay

I jumped right into this one after finishing Sarah's Key by the same author.  My expectations were up as I really enjoyed the last book.  I feel pretty let down by this one.  It was okay.  I kept waiting for it to go somewhere that it just never really got to.  There were some plot points that seemed pretty irrelevant to the story at hand that would have made great stories in themselves, but it was pretty all over the place and kinda depressing really. 
This is the story of Antoine Rey, a Parisian divorcee who decides to take his sister away to their childhood vacation spot for her 40th birthday.  It starts off well enough, but the big family secret that they discover doesn't seem so big and matter so much in 2012 (though it would have in 1974 when the story flashes back to).  It wavers from there.  I wouldn't recommend reading this one.  Okay for a rainy afternoon if you have nothing better to do.

No comments: