Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Thanks for the Memories by Cecilia Ahern


This is the second novel I've read by Cecelia Ahern. The first was (of course) P.S. I Love You, which I can't get through without tearing up (nor the movie of the same name).  I wasn't sure what to expect by this one. Was it to be another tear jerker?  Some of it was.  But the most of it wasn't.  This story is about Joyce, who loses a baby to miscarriage at the beginning of the story.  Her miscarriage leads her to have a blood transfusion.  The events that follow are far-fetched and fairy-tale like.  If you can get past the improbability of it all, it's a fairly decent time passer.  It just depends if you like that kind of book or not.  I thought it was okay.  I'll try another one of her books in the future and give her another chance.

No comments: