Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

This is the 6th in the line of Shopaholic Books.  The first one (Confessions of a Shopaholic) made me laugh out loud.  This one had me smile at points but...I guess was hoping Becky would have matured a little.  In a way Becky reminds me a bit of the Rachel character on Friends.  The difference is is that Rachel grew up and evolved as a character as the show went on.  Becky is still the same as she was in the first book. 

The reason I laughed out loud with the first book is simple, it was fresh and funny.  The idea was new.  Now that we are on book 6, it's more of the same.  It's fine for an afternoon of light reading.  It falls into the category of what a friend of mine once described as a "nice, fluffy book".

Incidentally, Sophie Kinsella has set Becky up quite nicely for a book 7.

No comments: