Thursday, September 9, 2010

Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin

This book was not at all what I was expecting. I was expecting something a little bit lighter, but I guess I should have read the book flap a little more carefully. This story centres on 2 women, Tessa and Valerie. They don't know each other, but you find out that they are connected as their stories intertwine. Giffin uses the technique of switching perspectives each chapter. One thing I found interesting is that all of Tessa's chapters were written in the first person, and all of Valeries in the 3rd person. I did find myself pulled into this story. I really like Giffin's writing. Although it was heavier than I anticipated, it was still a good read. It reminded me a bit of something Marian Keyes would write (which is a compliment, I love Marian Keyes).

No comments: