Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult

I was just looking back over the books I've read in the past few months and knew that I'd missed writing about a few of them. My write up on Keeping Faith triggered my memory on this one. Change of Heart is another example of Picoult looking into faith issues. It also takes you on twists that you aren't expecting at all. It's a tricky subject this one. What would you do if a transplant heart was offered to your daughter by the very man who had killed your husband and other child? What would the court decide about allowing euthenasia on a death row inmate in a way to preserve organs specifically for that purpose? Why are there unexplained miracles happening around that prisoner's prison wing? I really didn't know where she was going with this one. I thought I knew, and then I didn't. I thought I knew again and then I didn't. Exactly why I'm loving her writing so much right now.

No comments: