Sunday, November 9, 2008

More of Mma. Ramotswe

I've spent a lot of time catching up on Alexander McCall Smith's No. 1 Ladies Detective Series this past month. I'm currently up to In the Company of Cheerful Ladies (book #6). These books are so delightful. I love the language, the setting, the characters...just everything about them is a joy to read.
I absolutely love this quote from The Full Cupboard of Life "Traditional Botswana men like ladies who are more traditionally shaped. You and I, Mma. We remind men of how things used to be in Botswana before these modern-shaped ladies started to get men all confused."
I also love the notion that men like to look at a woman and be reminded of good food on the table :o)
Still enjoying the books and look forward to the next installments. I see there's plans for book number 10 to be published in the new year.

No comments: