Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

I know, I know, I'm late on the draw with this one.  You know you are behind on your reading when the book you are reading already has a movie version out.  I beat the movie by about 2 weeks.  For those of you like me who haven't yet read this book and have just been hearing murmurs about it, here's a breakdown for you.  The Help is set in the early 1960's and features 3 main characters.  2 are black maids and one is part of the society that they serve in the southern US.  It is the story of unlikely friendship and a look into life from the Help's point of view.  I fall into the category of readers that just loved this book and cheered right along with the characters.  I was so hooked on it that I bought my mom a copy of the book for herself.  I look forward to watching it on the big screen, hopefully soon :)

No comments: